Servings Prep Time Cook Time
Multiple 5 minutes 20-30 minutes
- 500g Jalapenos
- 300g Cider Vinegar
- 200g Water
- 100g White Sugar
- 2x Sprigs of Dill
- 1tsp corriander seeds
- Prepare the Charlie Oven for smoking with a small bed of charcoal with a couple of smoking wood chunks. Apple wood works well. Set the temperature to 110-120 °C.
- Place the jalapeños directly on the grill rack in the upper part of the oven. Turn after 10 minutes. Leave for another 10 minutes or until they look nicely wilted with smoky bits. Leave to cool while you make the pickle juice.
- Put the water, vinegar, sugar, herbs and spices into a container and mix thoroughly to ensure the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the Jalapeños.
- Decant into an airtight container and the pickles will last a long time.
- The pickled Jalapeños are ready to use in as little as 10 minutes.