How to videos
How Charlie works, everything you want to know in one video
Thinking about buying a Charlie Oven? Then watch this video!
- Neil (Charlie Co-founder) talks in detail about what a Charlie Oven is and what it can do.
- Learn about why the food tastes so amazing and why it is effortless to use. And why Charlie is incredibly fuel efficient.
How to light the Charlie Oven
Lighting the Charlie Oven takes three easy steps:
- Pull knobs out to open the vent.
- Make a shallow pyramid of charcoal towards the middle of the grates and light one or two natural wood/wool firelighters at the base of the pyramid.
- Close the door. The Charlie Oven then just needs to be left alone for it to get up to temperature. It can reach peak temperature – if you so wish - of up to 350 degrees Celsius, in about 30 minutes or so.
Cook whatever you like
Perfect Steaks T-Bone & Ribeye
We suggest cooking the best steak quality you can afford and serving it sliced, to make it go further. Beautifully blush pink in the middle, seasoned generously with salt and then seared to perfection for a couple of minutes. How do you cook yours?
Only four simple steps:
- Heat up the oven to 375°C.
- Use a preheated pizza stone or pizza steel.
- Close the door and wait 4 to 5 mins.
- Enjoy pizza that tastes like it came from your favourite pizzeria. Buon Appetito!
BBQ roast chicken tonight? Keeping it simple can still be tasty. Spatchcock chicken cooked the Charlie way. The lovely charcoal aroma gets into the meat making it delicious and moist.
Cooking with fire transforms the taste of everything, especially vegetables! The Charlie Oven helps you
find new ways to eat more veg.
Adding flavour and interest by cooking with charcoal and wood elevates the taste of the humblest veg. We love dirty cooking - putting veggies like leeks straight on top of the fire. The outside charrs at the same time as the inside steams. Just remove the outer layers and a flavour bomb awaits!!!