Servings Prep Time Cook Time
2-4 5 minutes 25 minutes
- 30ml olive oil
- One red onion finely diced
- Three cloves of garlic crushed or finely diced
- One fresh chilli finely diced
- One tsp of cumin seeds
- One tsp of smoked paprika
- One or two red peppers
- One tin of tomatoes
- Four eggs (as fresh as possible)
- 100 g Feta cheese crumbled
- Dried oregano
- Fresh herbs, either flat left parsley or coriander
- Prepare the vegetables so that everything is ready to cook.
- Heat a skillet pan in the Charlie Oven with the oven regulated to 180 °C.
- Add the oil and give it a minute to heat up.
- Add the vegetables and spices and season with salt and pepper. Fry for 5-10 minutes.
5. Add the tin of tomatoes and cook for a further 10 minutes.
6. Make four small wells in the tomato mixture. And crack the eggs into the wells.
7. Bake for 4-5 minutes or 3 minutes with a lid.
8. Add the crumbled feta and pop it back in the oven for 1 minute to allow the feta to heat through.
9. Finish with a sprinkle of dried Oregano, slices of fresh chilli and fresh herbs. Take to the table and serve immediately.
Make the tomato mixture in advance, heat through, and add eggs just before you eat. A great cheat is to buy Harissa paste and use that instead of spices. If you don't have fresh chillis, then use dried chillis.
Add more zing with a dressing of a couple of teaspoons of Tahini mixed with 30ml of lemon juice and water. Whisk together and drape across your eggs.