Servings Prep Time Cook Time
6 1 hour 10 minutes 15 minutes
For The Patties
- 100 g bread, torn in pieces
- 240 g tinned chickpeas
- 250 g cooked beetroot, halved
- 1 garlic clove grated
- 20 g coriander (leaves only)
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 egg
Toppings & Bun
- Sweet chilli sauce
- Halloumi cheese slices
- 6 brioche buns
Place all the patty ingredients into a blender and pulse 3 to 4 times until you have a rough mix.
- Form into 6 equal patties. Shape and refrigerate for at least one hour.
Place directly on to the plancha or in a skillet placed on the cooking racks in the Charlie Oven (at 220°C) and cook for 3 minutes each side. (Be careful, don't be tempted to move the patties too soon as they may fall apart. You need the crust to form in order to move them.).
- Top the patties with slices of halloumi cheese while still in the oven and allow to melt (allow one minute).
- At the same time, slice the brioche buns and heat through on a high cooking rack.
- Assemble and top with sweet chilli sauce or chilli jam (whatever you have at hand).
Ingredients vary and may make the mix wet. If so, heat a heat proof pan in the Charlie Oven and place the patties on the pan with a little oil. This is a safer way of cooking your patties.
Make the recipe vegan by removing the egg. Use the a little water drained from the chickpeas as a replacement.