This is Summer on a plate! Charring vegetables individually can take a long time, but not when using the Charlie Oven! The cooking racks have a large capacity which makes short work of charring ingredients super fast and delicious.
Charred Halloumi, Courgette & Asparagus Salad
This summer salad is a fest for the eyes - it's colourful and the herby dressing is a vibrant green. It's a showstopper centrepiece for any meal. It goes equally well with chicken, lamb or fish.
- 3 courguettes
- A large bunch of asparagus
- 20/30 cherry vine-tomatoes
- 1 bag of rocket leaves
- 1 block of halloumi cheese
- A handful of parmesan shavings
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- Sea salt flakes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 100g basil leaves
- 25g mint leaves
Slice the courgettes lengthways.
- Drizzle olive oil over the asparagus and the courgettes, and season.
- Place the courgettes directly on the cooking rack in the Charlie Oven (at 200°C), position the rack 4 rack positions above the flame. Char on each side for 2 minutes.
- At the same time, place the asparagus on a higher cooking rack, char all the vegetables at the same time.
- Cut the halloumi into strips and char directly on a cooking rack inside the Charlie Oven.
- Take a large serving plate and arrange a bed of rocket, then drape over the charred vegetables.
- Add the halloumi, tomatoes and parmesan flakes.
- For the dressing, put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Dollop spoonfuls of the dressing across the top of the salad and serve.
Make this salad your own: add olives, add toasted hazelnuts or charred peppers. The dressing is a real show stopper. The benefit of the Charlie Oven is a huge capacity to char everything together quickly. This salad goes with everything.